All supporters and members of the Aldershot and North Hampshire Conservative Association play a vital role in ensuring the organisation operates to achieve its main objective - winning elections and ensuring local residents are represented by Conservatives at a local and national level.
The future of the Conservative Party is very much in the hands of its volunteers.
How can you get involved?
Like any volunteer organisation, our local Conservative Association can only be strong and effective if it has a team of active members. You could help campaign, build membership, raise money, and communicate with local residents. You could get involved as a:
- Deliverer - you would be responsible for a list of streets and would undertake to deliver leaflets to those houses when needed, normally a handful of times a year with extra deliveries at election times;
- Canvasser - you could carry out surveys/canvassing in your area in order to gain information about fellow residents' worries and concerns, views on specific topics, as well as their voting intentions;
- Fundraiser - many members find that their skills can be best utilised by helping to organise our variety of social events that take place throughout the year, helping to raise funds as well as bringing enjoyment to everyone involved;
- Policy Contributor - it is important that members of the Party are given the opportunity to develop ideas and policy, and you can help instigate discussions that are in turn fed back to policy-makers at a local and national level;
You can also get involved in a number of our interest groups:
- Young Conservatives - for members 25 and under
- Conservative Women's Organisation - for female members of all ages
- Conservative Policy Forum - for policy discussion and debate
If you'd like to find out more, or have any questions about getting involved, don't hesitate to get in touch:
t: 01252 323637